On this page
Online training guides, manuals and factsheets can help you become more familiar with the resources on CHC.
If you have a CHC registration, mobile apps are available for some resources:
You can contact the CHC Customer Support helpdesk on:
- Phone: 1800 107 421
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information to some frequented asked questions may also assist you.
Frequently asked questions
What do I do after I get an email saying that my account is due to expire?
You have seven days from the date the email was sent to renew your account. Please note, if you have registered a personal email address you will need to carry out the following renewal process onsite at work:
- Follow the account renewal link provided to you. If you experience difficulty following the link please copy and paste the URL into your browser. You will be required to enter your Clinicians Health Channel username and password to begin the renewal process.
- Once you have been logged in, your details will be auto-populated into the account renewal form. Please review this information and update your password (and other details where necessary). You can also use this as an opportunity to update your registered hospital or health service. When complete click the submit button.
- Please visit your registered email address and activate your account via the activation email. You will not be able to access your account until your account has been re-activated.
I tried to login with my Clinicians Health Channel details but it says my account is not activated
For self-registered accounts
You may have missed the activation email sent to you immediately after you successfully applied for an account. Please visit your registered email address and there should be an email. Please select the link in the activation email to access your account.
For renewed accounts
You may have missed the activation email sent to you. This is step two of the renewal process. Please select the link in the activation email to create a password to access your account.
Alternatively, contact the CHC Customer Support Desk.
I have completed the Clinicians Health Channel renewal process but now my account is not activated.
- To complete the renewal process, please revisit your registered email address and follow the activation link that has been sent to you.
- The activation link can only be used once and you must activate it within 72 hours of receiving the email.
- If you have forgotten your password you will need to reset it. Select the ‘forgot password’ link from the login screen and follow the instructions to reset.
- If you have forgotten your username select the ‘forgot username’ link and follow the instructions to reset.
What should I do if a resource page does not load or I receive an error message?
If you are experiencing problems accessing a resource, please phone the CHC Customer Support Desk (Tel: 1800 107 421). You may be asked to provide answers to the below questions:
- What is the name of the journal/resource that you are having problems with?
- When did the problem start (e.g. date and approximate time)?
- Are you trying to access the Clincians Health Channel resource while onsite (at work) or remotely (e.g. from home)?
- How are you accessing this resource (e.g. Clinicians Health Channel website, library A-to-Z listing, library website/portal)?
- Is this problem affecting one computer or a whole department?
- Have you been able to access this resource in the past?
- Have you cleared your cookies cache and recent browsing history and reattempted access?
- Please provide a “Print Screen” copy of the error message you are viewing to be pasted into the email
You may also be asked additional information to assist with your query, including:
- Your domain name: you may need help from your IT department.
- Your IP address: you can check this using whatismyip.com.
- The username and password of the account/s you are having this problem with.